Sint MaartenDownload data
Date of search
28 June 2022
Sint Maarten has issued the Digital Covid Certificate (DCC) for those who have already vaccinated, recovered from COVID-19 or had the negative test result.
Both vaccination and immunity based
Sint Maarten Digital Covid Certificate (DCC)
Timeline to launch
Already in use
Sint Maarten Digital Covid Certificate (DCC) has 3 following types of certificates:
1. Vaccination certificate
2. Proof of recovery
3. Testing certificate
Electronic with QR code
For general measure
- All travellers must complete an obligatory health pre-authorization application (Electronic Health Authorization System-EHAS) using this link. https://stmaartenehas.com/application-form/. It is strongly advised to complete this form within 12 hours before arrival.
For vaccinated travellers
- Travellers who have received a recognized vaccination are considered completely vaccinated.
- Valid proof of vaccination (official country vaccination card or QR code, complete name and name, dates administered, and batch number(s) of vaccine) from the country where the vaccine was administered must be presented. A booster injection received must be specified in the relevant section, and evidence of receipt (official country vaccination card or QR code) must be submitted as well. A booster injection must be given at least 14 days before to departure.
For recovered travellers
- Recovered travellers who have recovered from a Covid-19 infection during the last 9 months must submit one of the approved proofs of recovery listed below:
- Proof of recovery was granted by a government or public health organization (Digital Covid Recovery Certificate or letter)
- A positive covid-19 PCR test result was provided by a lab, along with a Ct value of 35 or above.
- A signed Covid-19 recovery letter from a doctor, together with a positive Covid-19 PCR test result
For unvaccinated travellers
- All non-vaccinated travellers and those with a previous Covid-19 infection older than 9 months must have a negative Covid-19 test in line with the appropriate kind of test. An oropharyngeal swab will also be acceptable for children aged 5 to 10 years. In addition, RT-PCR test result will not be more than 72 hours before arrival.
- Here are the acceptable kind of tests:
- In adolescents and adults, the rt-PCR test sample for the SARS-COV-2 virus must be collected from a naso-pharyngeal swab.
- In the case of youngsters, an oro-pharygeal swab is acceptable.
- The original test result must explicitly demonstrate the name of the laboratory or clinic, full name of the test subject, kind of test conducted, name of antigen test, sample date, source of the swab, result date, and a negative result. Non-compliant test results, handwritten or e-mailed doctor statements will not be recognized.
- Children under the aged of 5 are exempted from test requirements.
For other measures
- The Sint Maarten government has issued COVID-19 insurance mandatory for all travellers to Sint Maarten, with the exception of Sint Maarten residents, transit passengers departing the same day (checkbox), flight crews (checkbox), transiting cruise ship crews (checkbox), French nationals residing in France or a French territory, BES-ZVK insured (checkbox), and AUC faculty and students (special procedure). The insurance purchase procedure is a built-in feature of the EHAS application. Travelers who require COVID-19 insurance must complete this step at the time of application.
Vaccine authorised to be used in the country
- Pfizer BioNTech/ Comirnaty
Vaccine accepted for inbound travellers
- Comirnaty (Pfizer)
- Spikevax (Moderna)
- Vaxzevria (Astrazeneca)
- Johnson & Johnson/Janssen
- Covishield (Astrazeneca)
All countries are categorised to be very high risk by Sint Maarten assessment.