Date of search
24 Aug 2021
No travel certificate is currently in use, but travellers who can show immunity or full vaccination are exempt from quarantine.
Quarantine for 7 days is required, with a PCR test on the 7th day (if the PCR result is positive, the quarantine will be extended a further 7 days to a total of 14 days). Travellers are exempt from quarantine if they can either show proof of immunity through a positive PCR or antigen test 20-90 days before arrival, or full vaccination with a certificate issued the health authority from their country of origin. (1)
For requirements before entering Uruguay
- You must complete the Traveler Health Declaration form, which is an affidavit, 48 hours prior to boarding. The form can be found on the Enter Uruguay page or by scanning the QR code below. To see their website, please click here.
⁃ In Uruguay, you can get health insurance.
– You reassure a negative result of SARS COV-2 virus detection by molecular biology technique RT-PCR, performed no more than 72 hours before the trip begins, in a laboratory authorized in the country of origin or transit. The accreditation of the negative test must be carried out if the admission into the country is by means of commercial passenger transport.
- For Children under 6 years of age, they should not present this document.
- This document should not be provided by anyone who’s had the SARS CoV-2 virus before boarding or entering in the country. Alternatively, individuals must show that they had the disease with a positive RT-PCR test or an antigen detection test. This analysis had to be completed between 20 and 90 days before shipping.
- If you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19 or have been identified as a contact for a recently confirmed case, you should not travel.
For requirements when entering Uruguay
- At the front door, taking the temperature.
– Put on a mask.
– Perform 7 days of social separation as a preventative measure. At the conclusion of this time, the person must request a new SARS COV-2 virus detection test using the PCR molecular biology technique at their own expense. If the test is not completed, the isolation period must be extended for another 14 days.
- People who have completed the COVID-19 vaccination program and received their last dose during the past 6 months prior to the start of their trip and at least 15 days prior to admission should not be isolated. Yes, the virus detection test must be done seven days after the one required for entry into Uruguay.
- Isolation is not requested for those who have had the sickness within the last 90 days before their vacation. They must have a positive result for SARS COV-2 virus detection, either by molecular biology technique RT-PCR or antigen determination, with an analysis sample taken at least 20 days before to admission.
- You should get medical advice as soon as possible if you develop symptoms that are consistent with the disease and report your condition as a traveler.
Vaccine authorised to be used in the country
AstraZeneca – Vaxzevria, Pfizer/BioNTech – Comirnaty, Sinovac – CoronaVac.
Vaccine accepted for inbound travellers
Any vaccine approved by the country of origin where the passenger received the vaccine.
Partially open for Uruguay nationals, permanent residents, and exceptions granted by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.